- Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Reading is FUN!
This video is an example of the joy that is produced when we read aloud to our children, even at a very young age. We hope you enjoy this video and take time to read helpful hints about how to read aloud with your child(ren) of all ages.
Opportunities for Parents at Caldwell
PTA – The parent teacher association is an integral part of Caldwell Elementary School. The PTA provides money to each special area the student participate in. Art, Science, Music, P.E. and Media. The buses that are used for grade level field trips are paid for by Caldwell PTA. The PTA helps with funding in areas that the county can not. All parents are encouraged to join PTA! We welcome parent and community members to serve on the PTA Board for planning and decision making purposes. If you feel you can contribute to our school’s PTA, please stop by the front office and let us know!
SAC– Caldwell’s School Advisory Council provides outstanding leadership and vision to our school. Our SAC is comprised of administrators and a team of individuals representing parents, teachers, support staff, and business and community leaders. The development /review of our School Improvement Plan and study of test data enable our SAC to determine specific goals for our school population.
Volunteers – We love to have volunteers help at Caldwell! According to Polk County guidelines, only county approved volunteers may help on campus or chaperone field trips. Visit Polk County Schools Volunteer page for more information on how to become an approved volunteer.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Useful Links & Resources
- Polk County Schools Parent Guide
- 2018-2019 – Caldwell School Improvement Plan Summary
- Caldwell 18-19 Parent Family Engagement Plan signed – English
- Caldwell 2018-19 Parent Family Engagement Plan Spanish – signed
- Caldwell 2018-19 COMPACT English
- Caldwell 18-19 COMPACT Haitian Creole
- Caldwell 18-19 COMPACT Spanish
- Polk County Parent and Family Engagement Plan 18-19 – English
- Polk County Parent and Family Engagement Plan 18-19 – Spanish
- Right To Know Letter – 2018-2019 English version
- Right To Know Letter – 2018-2019 Spanish version
- Right To Know Letter – 2018-2019 HC version
- Caldwell Annual Report Card (Coming soon)